Supporting our community
As well as sitting on external investment committees for a number of not-for-profits, every year we select a new community organisation to support – by a process of staff nomination. Over the years we have made positive contributions to a variety of organisations that are important to us, including: Scope, UNHCR, Monash Health Foundation and the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre.
This year the recipient of our support is the well-deserved not-for-profit, Berry Street. Since 1877, this Melbourne-based charity has worked with children, young people and families with the most challenging and complex needs. Berry Street offer a range of services including:
- Care for traumatised children through foster, kinship and residential services
- Family violence support services
- Counselling and outdoor adventure programs for children
- Support for adults who grew up in children’s institutions
- Advocacy and training in the wellbeing of children and young people