Morgan Stanley Global Sustain Fund
Investors can choose from two classes of units:
- Morgan Stanley Global Sustain Fund (APIR code: ETL9199AU)
- Morgan Stanley Global Sustain Fund (Hedged) (APIR code: ETL5365AU)
Solid return potential with ESG integration
The Morgan Stanley Global Sustain Fund offers a high-quality approach to ESG investing. The Fund has a low carbon impact and scores well on environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors, as measured by third parties, such as MSCI ESG, relative to broad equity indices such as the MSCI World Index.
At a Glance
At a Glance
The Fund invests primarily in a concentrated portfolio of equity securities of companies in the world’s developed countries. The Fund may from time to time also invest in equity securities of companies located in emerging markets, in debt securities convertible into equity securities, and other equity-linked securities.
The Sub-Manager seeks to identify high quality companies with sustainable and high returns on operating capital with dominant franchises, powerful intangible assets including brands, networks, licences and patents, and pricing power. The Sub-Manager also seeks to identify capable management teams able to allocate capital effectively to grow the franchise and sustain and/or improve the return on operating capital.
The following guidelines will be used when selecting investments for the Fund:
- The Fund will hold equity and equity related securities which are traded, listed or due to be listed on recognised exchanges throughout the
- The portfolio will typically hold between 25 to 50 securities
- A maximum of 10% of the portfolio may be invested in any one company.
- The portfolio will not purchase more than 10% of the outstanding securities of any one company.
- A maximum of 10% of the portfolio may be invested in unlisted securities
(Note: Percentage restrictions apply at the date of purchase of the relevant security)
- The international currency exposure of the Morgan Stanley Global Sustain Fund (Hedged) will be hedged back to the Australian dollar.
- Investments shall not knowingly include any company whose core business activity involves the following:
- Adult entertainment;
- Gas and electric utilities;
- Bulk commodities (including but not limited to fossil fuels such as oil, gas and coal as well as metals and mining);
- Civilian firearms; or
For the purposes of this investment restriction, a “core business activity” is one that accounts for more than 10% of the relevant company’s revenue.
- The Fund will not invest in any company that has been excluded from the MSCI World ex Controversial Weapons Index due to its involvement with controversial weapons, as defined by that index.
Performance as at 31 July 2020. Powered by data from Financial Express. For funds with less than 5 yrs performance history, refer to fact sheet for since inception returns.
SWITCH FUNDS BETWEEN YOUR EXISTING ACCOUNT
Funds Distribution team
Our team is responsible for the retail distribution and marketing for our funds and have expertise with Financial Advisers, platforms and researchers. Our team of industry professionals have extensive knowledge and resources to support you and your clients with tailored investment solutions. Contact them today to discuss our funds in more detail.