SGH Live Webinar Series – September 2023
We are pleased to announce an incredibly strong line up of speakers for our live webinars during the month of September. Take the opportunity to hear from highly regarded SGH portfolio managers and our global partners who will be discussing a range of topics including Global and Australian Equities and Property.
What are the current drivers for each of these market segments and what are businesses doing right now to help shape their future performance?
- Join us for all – RSVP by email to Nicole Frame, or
- Choose the sessions that interest you and RSVP using the links below.
Feel free to interact and post questions during each webinar, or ask directly after each session to get the most from each session.
CPD point certificates will be awarded for live participants.
Thursday, 7 September, 11am
Join legendary Emerging Markets fund manager for his insights on the outlook for Emerging Market Equities.
After ten years in the doldrums Emerging Market Equities are looking to stage a breakout. Yet, investor allocations to Emerging Markets (EM) are the lowest in 20 years, so what is going on under the radar? Devan will be sharing his rationale why the outlook for EM is expected to approve and more about the trend of nearshoring; and how the changing structure of global supply chains is impacting the companies and economies of EM.
Anton Kryachok (Morgan Stanley): Compounding through the hype
New time: Wednesday, 13 September, 10:30am
Join us for a webinar with Anton Kryachok, Executive Director and Portfolio Manager at Morgan Stanley International Equity team.
Since the debut of chatbot ChatGPT by OpenAI late last year, the market has been preoccupied with how to understand, implement and price the accessibility advancements offered by generative AI.
While the full impact of AI remains ambiguous, hear our early thoughts developed through the lens of a high-quality investment approach.
Thursday, 14 September, 11am
Join Hamish Tadgell, Portfolio Manager for SGH High Conviction and SGH Ex-20 Australian Equities Funds for an informative session on Australian Equities and his insights into the asset class, following a busy reporting season.
- Learnings from the August reporting season.
- Opportunities we are finding in an uneven economy.
- Why investing in ‘quality at a margin of safety’ matters now more than ever.
Tuesday, 19 September, 11am
Join SGH Portfolio Managers Grant Berry and Malcolm Ellis for an informative hour of insights on Australian Property outlook, following a busy reporting season.
- Why invest in Australian property?
- How to refocus on what matters in Australian listed property?
- Reporting season themes and outcomes.
- Sustainability and our approach.
- Portfolio positioning for SGH Property Income Fund.
Thursday, 21 September, 11:30am
Please join us for our upcoming webinar “Asian Opportunities – now or when?” featuring Flavia Cheong, Head of Asia Pacific Equities, abrdn as we explore a range of factors impacting performance across the Asian region.
- China: A laggard year to date, but things are looking up with legroom for policy support and green shoots of recovery
- Asia ex China: At an inflection point, with key drivers in India’s accelerating capex cycle and rapid AAI adoption and tech innovation
- Valuations: A promising tale of opportunity with valuations highly attractive at both absolute and relative levels
- Performance – where to from here? China has been the swing factor as a quality laggard with a strong value tilt in mainland markets